- Event Start5:00pm Saturday 26th August 2017
- Event End9:00pm Saturday 26th August 2017
- Event LocationParade Grounds, Jezzine Barracks
- Event OrganiserDancenorth
- [email protected]
Experience an amazing night out under the stars with good music, food and dance.
Dancenorth, 1RAR and Otto’s join forces to present…
DANCE TROPICS DANCE
A mini festival of music, dance and food.
Featuring the hilarious MC Ian Zaro and a cracking showcase of local dancers from Movimiento, Lindyhop Swing group, Dancenorth Company, and crews from Dancenorth’s Public Program “Open Class” (Hip Hop crew 80’s Jazz crew and the gorgeous “Forever Young” over 50s dance group making their debut performances.
A night full of party tunes by 1RAR’s kickin’ band playing songs from the 70s, 80s, 90s, naughties, and Top 40s with a huge dance floor, delicious eats by Otto’s Market food trucks, a licenced area and easy (no stress!) social dance lessons…. this is Townsville’s newest dance party under the stars.Bring your loved ones, your hot date, your squad! This is an all ages events to glitter up (in our custom glitter tent) embrace the sparkle and dance tropics dance! No dance experience necessary and family friendly (kids 4 & under are FREE)
All proceeds from ticket sales to this event go towards charities Dancenorth and Ronald McDonald House.
All Credit Card Payments attract a Merchant and Admin Fee of 2.9% plus a $1.00 Booking Fee
By purchasing this ticket, the ticket holder/s have agreed to the full set of terms and conditions as outlined on the ticketing website. Ticket holders must present their tickets upon entry to the event as an A4 printed ticket (please do not resize the ticket) or on a Smart Phone. Government issued Photo ID and a valid ticket will be required upon entry to validate authenticity as a ticket holder. Refunds will be issued by Local Tickets Pty Ltd if this event is cancelled before the schedule start date and time for any reason including inclement weather, or reasons beyond the event hosts control such as severe weather, flood, fire, explosion, civil disobedience, riot, labour disturbances, failure or delay in transportation, war, sabotage or other acts of God. If the event is rescheduled, Local Tickets Pty Ltd reserves the right to decide whether Ticket Holders will automatically be refunded, or whether tickets will be transferred to another date with a refund option. Local Tickets Pty Ltd reserves the right to deduct administration and merchant fee charges on all refunds from Ticket Holders regardless of the reason for the refund. Ticket Holder details may be used by Local Tickets Pty Ltd and the Event Organiser for marketing purposes. Latecomers may be admitted at the discretion of the Event Host/Promoter. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult. Attendees must comply with all alcohol, smoking and behavioural laws within the event venue and or grounds. Attendees to the event must comply with the following dress standards, smart casual, suitable shoes, or any other dress standard as required by law.
This ticket is sold by North Queensland Ballet and Dance Company trading as Dancenorth (ABN 98010440678) who is responsible for the Event. The following conditions are both of sale (including any resale or subsequent assignment), entry and attendance at the Event.
1. 'You' and 'your' refers to the customer. 'We', 'us', 'our', 'Dance Tropics Dance' and 'Event organiser' refers to Dancenorth, its employees, contractors, volunteers and authorized persons. This agreement means these terms and conditions and any other conditions specified by us on our website and booking forms.
2. All bookings and ticket purchases are non-transferable and may not be sold or transferred by you. Conditions Apply.
3. NO REFUND OR EXCHANGE ON ANY TICKET will be given or service fee except in accordance with the applicable Live Performance Australia code of practice for Event Ticketing www.liveperformance.com.au . This is an all weather event. No refunds will be made if you choose not to attend due to inclement weather.
4. A family ticket is valid for 4 persons (2 adults and 2 children 17 years and under)
5. There will be no refund on any unused portion of tickets if you or your invitees are asked or forced to leave or if you decide not to attend any part of the Event.
6. Dancenorth is a member of Live Performances Australia and adheres to its Code of Practice for ticketing of Live events.
Artists and Venue
7. We reserve the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements and audience capacity.
8. We reserve the right at any time, to change the venue of the Event. In the event of a change in venue, we will publish details on the Dancenorth website.
9. The right of admission is reserved and is subject to the Event organizer.
10. Wristbands will be attached at the gate and must be worn at all times for the duration of the Event. Once a wristband is removed it becomes void. Stretched or damaged wristbands will not be replaced.
11. Families must enter the festival at the same time if they have a family ticket. Any minor under 18 cannot enter except in company with a responsible adult.
12. It may be a condition of entry to the Event that a search of your person and/or your possessions is required at the time of entry to the venue. GLASS, ALCOHOL, WEAPONS, ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES or any item the Event organizers consider may be used in an illegal or offensive manner may be confiscated. Refusal to consent to a search WILL prevent entry to the Event, without refund.
13. Entry is at own risk and the right to refuse entry is reserved. The event organiser or venue shall not be held liable for any loss, injury or damages sustained entering on the site – to the extent allowed by the law. Alcohol will be available for purchase on site – don’t bring alcohol with you – any prohibited items found will be confiscated and not returned.
14. Entry may be refused if tickets are damaged or defaced in any way or are not purchased through an authorized point of sale. Do not share your ticket barcode it may prevent entry.
Audio and Visual
15. Audio or visual recordings of the Event are permitted. By attending the Event, you consent to being included in any film and/or sound recordings of the Event that may take place and agree for these recordings to be used by the Event organiser.
16. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we do not accept liability of any nature for the acts, omissions or default of those providing services in connection with the Event or any liability for any injury, damage, loss, delay or additional expenses which are incurred at or in association with this Event. Where legislation implies any condition or warranty which cannot be excluded or modified, that condition or warranty will be deemed to be included in this agreement. However, our liability for any breach of such condition or warranty will be limited, at our option, to the resupply of the services or the cost of having the services supplied again. In no event will we be liable for any indirect, consequential, exemplary or special damages.
17. Admission is at the ticket holders own risk. You acknowledge that neither we nor the venue will be responsible for any loss or damage to property (including personal property such as bags, money or other personal items) brought to or purchased at the Event by you or your invitees.
18. You will be liable for any loss or damage caused at the Event by you or your invitees.
19. You must ensure that you and your invitees act in an orderly manner when attending the Event. We may refuse entry or evict you or any of your invitees if they are behaving in an intoxicated, disorderly, offensive, threatening or inappropriate manner, towards any person.
20. The Event is open to all ages. Children under the age of 18 years that attend the Event must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
Alcohol, smoking, illegal substances and Glass
21. The whole venue is a GLASS FREE ZONE and no glass shall be brought into any part of the venue. Please do not bring glass into the Event.
22. Otto’s will run a LICENSED area at the event site. Any patron wishing to consume alcohol must have photographic ID. We reserve the right to evict patrons who disobey or break Responsible Service of alcohol legislation and the law.
23. Anyone found supplying or buying alcohol for a minor will be evicted from the Event and will face criminal charges.
24. Anyone found supplying or consuming illicit drugs will be evicted from the premises and face criminal charges.
25. This Event venue will have smoke free zones. Smoking will not be permitted within the confines of these specific areas at the venue.
26. Sealed plastic water bottles are permitted to be brought into the Event. The contents of any opened plastic water bottles will not be permitted into the venue.
27. In order to purchase your ticket, we may need to collect and keep personal information about you including your name, address, credit card or payment details, telephone number and the names of all ticket allocations. We may also need to disclose your personal information as required by law or as permitted under the Privacy Act.
28. Trading signs or other signs are not permitted without prior consent of the Dancenorth. No ticket holder shall be entitled to do any trading without the written consent of the Event organizers.
29. Tickets cannot be used as part of any marketing, media or sales promotion whether commercial or non-commercial without prior written consent of the Event organizers.
30. Footwear must be worn at all times on the site.
31. Animals are not permitted, except in accordance with legislation.
32. Fires and fireworks are not permitted.
33. This agreement is governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia.
34. Some ticket types may require adherence to specific guidelines that are published on the Event website from time to time. You must ensure that you meet such guidelines.
35. Any breach of any of these terms and conditions will entitle the Event organizers to evict the ticket holder from the venue and confiscate any ticket or wristband, without refund.
Environment and Community
36. Dancenorth cares for the environment and community. Please be respectful and place any litter in the recycle or other bins provided around the venue. Be waste and water wise - thank you.
37. Please respect our town and neighbours and do not create excessive noise or litter while travelling to and from the Event.
To view a copy of the Live Performance Australia Consumer Code, go to http://liveperformance.com.au/sites/liveperformance.com.au/files/resources/lpa_ticketing_cop_consumer_code_final_20151104.pdf
This event is organised by Dancenorth. For more information please contact Dancenorth on 0747722549